Improving Our Approach: Better Conversations About Breastfeeding
In this webinar, we'll provide approaches and strategies health professionals can use to help mothers open up about the challenges they face when breastfeeding. By understanding those challenges, we can better provide the supports they need.
Attendees will walk away with insight on:
- The supports and barriers facing breastfeeding mothers
- Methods to identify breastfeeding concerns
- Conversational approaches to better identify and engage with breastfeeding concerns
- Methods for inspiring behavioral change
The webinar will conclude with a role-play scenario so attendees can see how to put these approaches into action.
This webinar responds to the more than 2,000 responses to a recent survey to uncover the challenges mothers face while breastfeeding.
- Lori Feldman-Winter, MD, MPH, Professor of Pediatrics at Cooper Medical School, Faculty Expert on the National Action Partnership to Improve Safe Sleep Improvement and Innovation Network
- Suzanne Bronheim, PhD, Adjunct Associate Research Professor in the Department of Pediatrics, Georgetown University Medical Center
- Lisa Bailey, Peer Counselor at the Lactation Care Center WIC Program in Dallas, Doula and Breastfeeding Educator, Mother Partner on the Texas Ten Step Star Achiever Breastfeeding Learning Collaborative
- Rebekka Henriksen, La Leche League and Mindful Parenting Leader; Mother Partner on the New York State Breastfeeding Quality Improvement in Hospitals Initiative