Career Opportunity: Human Resources Assistant
The National Institute for Children’s Health Quality (NICHQ) is a mission-driven nonprofit dedicated to driving dramatic and sustainable improvements in the complex issues facing children’s health. We provide deep expertise in building and managing effective change strategies that align partners and engage participants to achieve better outcomes for children’s health. At the heart of what motivates us is the belief that children and families deserve better systems and supports so that every child achieves their optimal health. Because of this belief, addressing social determinants of health, eliminating health disparities, and achieving equity are central to our mission. We believe that by creating a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, we will similarly foster greater strength and resilience within and beyond the organization.
The Human Resource Assistant is an active contributor to the high-performing Human Resources department. As an individual and as part of a team, they provide support to Associate Director, HR and supply a wide range of HR support to staff. The HR Assistant supports the recruitment function: posting positions internally as well as externally, communicating the status of positions to departments and recruiters, and onboarding new hires. This role provides administrative support to the human resources function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance, and special projects assigned by Associate Director, HR. The Human Resources Assistant will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organization’s human resource department.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Career Level: 2+ years of HR experience
Status: Part-Time, Employee
Education: Associates degree preferred or relevant experience
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies,
- benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to department lead.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected
- and filed appropriately.
- Track status of job candidates in ADP Workforce, review resumes, conduct phone screens, coordinate
- with candidates throughout the interview process
- Assist with onboarding and new hire orientation as well as offboarding and terminations
- Assist with training and support for new employees when requested and ensures smooth transitions
- with systems and access
- Assist department lead with preparation and coordination of annual employee performance assessment reviews, engagement survey, planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with non-profits is a plus
- Associates Degree or equivalent training/work experience in HR or business administration
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced working environment
- Strong organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail
- Ability to develop timelines, meet deadlines, and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact,
- professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn ADP human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications.
If you have trouble accessing the online application, please email [email protected]
NICHQ is committed to increasing the representation of people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds in our workforce and to valuing and embracing their skills, perspectives, and experiences for the benefit of our mission. NICHQ is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.