Senior Project Manager
Full Job Description [PDF]
NICHQ (National Institute for Children’s Health Quality) is an independent nonprofit organization working for nearly two decades to improve children’s health. We help health systems, public health departments, organizations and health care professionals who share this mission make improvements so children and families live healthier lives.
NICHQ is extending its focus to public health, community resources and other systems that affect the health and well-being of children and families, with a focus on vulnerable populations. Leveraging its current success in clinical quality improvement science implementation, NICHQ will broaden its impact and apply quality improvement science to address the most pressing child health systems issues.
NICHQ is seeking a Senior Project Manager. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day oversight and management of all activities within projects that are complex in size and scope.
- Manages projects of complex size and scope
- Clarifies, drives, and manages project scope and high level deliverables and ensure any changes are documented, communicated and approved by project leadership
- Brings solutions to issues (meeting deadlines, client engagement, team issues) to Associate Project Director and/or Project Director and implements
- Shares accountability for driving and achieving project results with project leadership
- Ensures roles and responsibilities on project are clearly delineated
- Supervises and/or mentors Project Coordinators, Project Specialists and/or Project Managers
- Manages project-specific contracting with consultants, faculty and organizational subcontractors, as appropriate
- Manages project budgets and reporting
- Contributes to cross project sharing, learning and consistent integration of organizational support functions
- Works independently, capable of making independent decisions
- Possesses advanced insight and skills in client management, proposal development, and budgeting
- Exhibits strong understanding of NICHQ project goals, aims, methods, products, and tools
- Demonstrates strong understanding of quality improvement methods and the Breakthrough Series model
- Ability to manage highly complex, dynamic projects and relationships
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written. Ability to communicate sensitive information with a variety of stakeholders in a tactful manner
- Skilled multi-tasker who can prioritize, work autonomously, establish timelines and meet deadlines
- Strong delegator and can help others manage and prioritize their work
- Ability to think strategically, including process-level thinking, ability to optimize systems and resources, ability to think creatively and quickly implement plans/structure for accomplishing work, ability to think ahead to next steps
- Works well in team environment and is able to generate solutions to issues as they arise
- Highly flexible and adjustable
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast moving, and at times, intense environment
- Strong interest in ongoing professional development and growth
- At least 4-6 years’ experience in managing complex projects
- Masters degree in Public Health or related field strongly preferred
- Proficiency with office systems, computers, and MS Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Experience in or knowledge of public health, health care or related systems required
- Experience managing budgets
- Experience managing 1-3 direct reports
- Experience in quality improvement strongly preferred
MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION
- May be managed by Associate Project Director or above
- Supervised by Director of Programs
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, disability and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, professional development, paid earned time off and holidays, and commuter benefits.
NICHQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.